Barcelona Wine & Cava Route
This ticket is currently not available
This could be because:
- We have sold out
- New seasonal tickets are not yet available
In the meantime:
- Call us on 0800 223 0324
- Sign up to hear the latest news and offers:
Sign up for our newsletter
Visit some of the most renowned wineries in the Penedés region
Discover some of Catalonia's most iconic wineries on this journey into the Penedès region where, as well as learning all about the world of wine and cava, you will even get to sample them for yourself.
Our guide to Barcelona Wine & Cava Route
Do you want to find out, first hand, how different varieties of wine and cava are produced? Do you want to take part in a tasting session and pair the wines with cheeses and other Catalan produce?
Hop on board this wine and cava tour and pay a visit to some of the Penedès region's most beautiful wineries.
The Jean Leon Winery, situated in the very heart of the Penedés, was one of the first wineries in the country to ferment white wines in oak casks and is well known for using the most modern winemaking techniques, as well as winning various awards at international competitions and tastings. Here you will sample two of the wines produced by the winery and take a guided tour of the premises.
The Torres family has been making wine for over three hundred years, passing down their intimate knowledge of the grapes and the land from generation to generation. Their hard work and knowledge has seen the winery win many awards and prizes, including being named Best European Winery of the Year by Wine Enthusiast Magazine in 2006. Here, you'll be able to pair three of their famous wines with three typical Catalan cheeses as well as taking an informative guided tour of the winery.
Finally, at Freixenet you will enjoy a guided tour, some Catalan tapas and the chance to try two different cavas.
November to March: Thursdays and Sundays; April to October: Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays and Sundays.
Around 8 hours.
Terms and conditions
Terms and conditions for Barcelona Wine & Cava Route
- This tour is not suitable for wheelchair users.
- Guests aged 8 years or less can participate in this tour for free.
- Exact schedule and locations on the itinerary are subject to change.
- Please be at the meeting point 20 minutes before departure.
- You will receive a voucher for this experience. Please read it thoroughly.
- Itinerary subject to change.
Frequently Asked Questions for Barcelona Wine & Cava Route
- Is lunch included in the tour?
There is a brunch at Caves Freixenet
- What is the child policy?
Guests aged 8 years or less can participate in this tour for free.
- Do I need to specify a day of travel when I book?
Yes, advance reservations are necessary.