The Complete Vatican Tour With Vatican Museums, Sistine Chapel & St Peter's Basilica
- 1 reviews rated 5 stars
This ticket is currently not available
This could be because:
- We have sold out
- New seasonal tickets are not yet available
In the meantime:
- Call us on 0800 223 0324
- Sign up to hear the latest news and offers:
Sign up for our newsletter
A fantastic small group tour of only 20 people or fewer!
Skip the line on a guided tour of the Vatican Museums, Sistine Chapel and St Peter's Basilica for a unique understanding of the history and world-class art collection of the The Vatican.
Our guide to The Complete Vatican Tour With Vatican Museums, Sistine Chapel & St Peter's Basilica
You will start by skipping the (always long) lines to get into the museum and diving right into the galleries holding some of the most famous works of art in the world. This specially-designed route encompasses all the can’t-miss pieces while also including some of the lesser known works that will really dazzle you.
A visit to the Vatican Museums is often a once-in-a-lifetime experience. With over four miles of galleries filled with works of art, masterpieces, and treasures coupled with entrance lines that stretch for hours.
On the Complete Vatican tour, you'll experience Vatican City in the company of an expert licensed Vatican guide. One of our most popular itineraries this tour hits the Vatican Museums, the Sistine Chapel, and amazing views of St Peter's Basilica all in one incredibly planned itinerary.
You'll start in the Vatican Museums where we have carefully traced out an itinerary taking you past the most famed artifacts, including the ancient sculpture that inspired Michelangelo's depiction of God in the Sistine Chapel, the Belvedere Torso, the mythical Greek sculpture Laocoön & His Sons, the mind-boggling Gallery of the Maps, the Gallery of the Tapestries, and, of course, the Stanze di Raffaello - the rooms painted by Master artist Raphael - considered by many to be every inch as beautiful as the Sistine Chapel.
The highlight is, of course, the Sistine Chapel where Michelangelo's towering frescoes wow every visitor. You will have already learned the purpose, dedication, and history behind the Chapel from your expert guide and will be able to pick out details others will miss.
From the SIstine Chapel, you'll follow your guide through to St Peter's Basilica, once again skipping the lengthy lines outside. Once in St. Peter's your guide will point out the precious art and treasures found inside and share the story behind the 120 year construction of the church.
Sites Visited: Vatican Museums, Sistine Chapel, St. Peter's Basilica, St. Peter's Square, Raphael Rooms, Apollo Belvedere & Laocoön & His Sons, Pinecone Courtyard, Gallery of the Candelabra, Gallery of the Maps, Gallery of the Tapestries.
The passageway from the Sistine Chapel to St Peter's is closed on a Wednesday, if you are taking this tour on a Wednesday St Peter's Basilica is not included.
Varies, please see calendar.
Around 3 hours
Terms and conditions
Terms and conditions for The Complete Vatican Tour With Vatican Museums, Sistine Chapel & St Peter's Basilica
- You will receive a voucher for this experience. Please read it thoroughly.
- Itinerary subject to change without notice.
- Gratuities to guides are appreciated but never obligatory.
- Comfortable walking shoes are recommended.
- Please note that the tour meeting time is 15 minutes prior to the start time. No refunds or re-bookings can be provided for late arrivals or no shows after tour commencement or departure.
- Hotel pick-up/drop-off is NOT included. Please meet your guide at Antico Café Candia, Via Candia, 153, 00192 Roma RM.
- The passageway from the Sistine Chapel to St Peter's is closed on a Wednesday, if you are taking this tour on a Wednesday St Peter's Basilica is not included.
- Please remember that the Sistine Chapel is a holy place, and attire must be appropriate for the visit. Both men and women are asked to wear clothing that covers at least the shoulders and knees.
- We advise our clients that St.Peter's Basilica may be closed during special celebrations/festivities, including the Easter ceremonies. If this occurs during your visit, we will spend more time inside the Sistine Chapel and the Vatican Museums. We are unable to provide refunds in this case.
- While the Vatican Museums are equipped with elevators for wheelchair and stroller access, they are not conveniently located on the group tour route and only give access to specific sections of the Museums. Please contact us to make further arrangements.
- Please note that guests may only carry small handbags inside the Vatican Museums. Larger backpacks and big pointy umbrellas etc must be left at the cloakroom. It is the responsibility of the guest to return to the Vatican Museums' entrance to collect these after the tour.
- Please ensure that all members of your party have a valid ID on them on the day of the visit. This is particularly important for guests who have qualified for child reduction.
- Cancellation policy: Cancellations received greater than 72 hours prior to tour commencement are fully refundable. Cancellations received within 72 hours of tour commencement are non-refundable. Amendment requests are subject to availability and price changes.
- Tours depart precisely at the scheduled tour start time. If you show up late or cannot find the meeting point, for any reason, refund requests are not honoured per policy. For most tours, it is not logistically possible to join the group after it has started.