Mount Teide Cable Car Skip-the-Line Ticket with Audioguide
3 stars: Based on 2 reviews via
This must-do cable car ride takes you on one of the most spectacular trips in Spain. As you journey to the top of Mount Teide, marvel at Tenerife’s unique landscape of craters, volcanoes, and rivers of petrified lava that surround the imposing silhouette of the mountain before visiting some of the vantage points at the upper station.
Our guide to Mount Teide Cable Car Skip-the-Line Ticket with Audioguide
Head to the stunning Teide National Park where you can board a cable car and journey to the top of Teide Volcano, which towers over the landscape at 3,718 metres.
This ticket also enables you to skip the main queue, potentially saving you valuable time which could be spent admiring the views from the volcano itself.
The 8-minute journey to the summit takes you over volcanoes, craters and lava flows which form an impressive array of shapes and colours that you won’t find anywhere else in the world.
As the car rises, the splendour of the landscape unfolds beneath your feet offering a unique perspective of Teide National Park while the sulphuric fumes rising from the crater are evidence that there remains volcanic activity deep inside this dormant volcano.
At the top there are viewing platforms nearby the upper cable car station and there are also three walking trails on Teide summit that lead to incredible vantage points over Teide National Park, the island and beyond.
Daily, year round except Christmas Day.
The Cable Car runs every 8 minutes from 9.00am to 4.00pm with the last descent at 5.00pm. Please note the precise time of your Mount Teide Cable Car Fast Track ticket will be advised when confirmed. If the time you select isn't available then you'll be allocated the next closest option.
Please note - Parking spaces are limited at the cable car station. For this reason it's strongly recommended to book either an early morning or late afternoon slot if you are planning to arrive by car.
Terms and conditions
Terms and conditions for Mount Teide Cable Car Skip-the-Line Ticket with Audioguide
- Guest must make their own way to and from the Teide Cable Car Station.
- If it is not possible to take your cable car ride due to adverse weather conditions or for technical reasons, the full amount shall be reimbursed. In the case of vouchers issued but unused, the supplier will issue a cancellation charge of €6.00 per person on round-trip tickets.
- Please note the precise time of your Mount Teide Cable Car Fast Track ticket will be advised when confirmed. If the time you select isn't available then you'll be allocated the next closest option.
- The lower cable car station has free car parking, rest area, cafe, shop and a buffet restaurant with magnificent views of Teide National Park.
- This ascent is not recommended for people with cardiovascular or pulmonary problems, pregnant women or children under 2 years of age due to risk of the high altitude having an adverse effect on their health.
- When visiting Mount Teide it's recommended to wear appropriate clothing to protect you from changing temperatures and footwear suitable for rocky terrain. It is also advisable to take a bottle of water with you.
- If you plan to go on from the Cable Car's upper Platform to Teide Peak itself then this requires a permit which can be obtained from the Teide National Park's administration website - you should check that the date you want to visit the peak is available on their website prior to booking your cable car tickets with us. Alternatively, see our Hike to Mount Teide Peak tour which includes the permit and an expert guide.
- Teide National Park only allows visitors to stay at the upper station for one hour.
Frequently Asked Questions for Mount Teide Cable Car Skip-the-Line Ticket with Audioguide
- How do I get to Mount Teide Cable Car?
Teide cable car is very easy to get to by road from both the north and the south of the island. If you don't have your own car there is a bus service from the north and the south. From the north of the island (Guagua) Bus line 348 Puerto de La Cruz – Las Cañadas del Teide. Departure time: 9.15am from Puerto de la Cruz, stopping at La Orotava, Montaña Blanca and Teide Cable Car. Return from Teide Cable Car at 4.00pm. From the south of the island Bus Line 342 Playa de Las Américas - Las Cañadas del Teide. Departure time: 9.15am from Las Américas, stopping at Los Cristianos (9.30am) Teide Cable Car and Montaña Blanca. Return from Teide Cable Car at 3.30pm.
- What facilities are available at the Lower Cable Car Station?
The lower cable car station has free car parking, rest area, cafe, shop and a buffet restaurant with magnificent views of Teide National Park.