Pasta-Making Class in Rome
The most fun, authentic and hands-on way to dine in Rome.
Feel like a local as an Italian chef welcomes you to a private loft, teaching you how to make pasta from scratch - while sampling wines and starters depending on the season. Enjoy the meal you cooked on the rooftop terrace. With small groups of only 14 people or fewer (and a few glasses of wine) it will be more like a meal with friends than a traditional cooking class.
Our guide to Pasta-Making Class
There is nothing like a home-cooked, Italian meal, especially when it’s been prepared with the help of a professional chef, and when you get to enjoy it on the terrace of a beautiful Roman apartment! This is an experience that only “real Romans” (and ones who are friends with a chef!) usually get to have. Now, you can, too!
Meet the chef in a gorgeous loft apartment in Rome’s centre. You’ll be greeted with prosecco and snacks, the perfect aperitivo to get your class started! Enjoy the view from the terrace (weather permitting) as you get to know the other participants.
Once you’ve relaxed, it’s time to learn how to make pasta from scratch. If you want to make authentic Italian food at home, this is the number-one skill to learn. Your chef guides you through the hands-on process, fun for both children and adults. Feel free to pick his brain about all things food- and Rome-related. This is your chance to learn how to cook, and eat, like a local.
Next, it’s time to eat. Enjoy your home-cooked pasta, along with wine, out on the terrace. By the end, you won’t just leave with a fun, rewarding memory for the whole family. You’ll also leave with the know-how to make an authentic Italian dish that’s sure to impress your friends back home!
Terms and conditions
Terms and conditions for Pasta-Making Class in Rome
- Itinerary subject to change without notice.
- Gratuities to guides are appreciated but never obligatory.
- Please note that the tour meeting time is 15 minutes prior to the start time. No refunds or re-bookings can be provided for late arrivals or no shows after tour commencement or departure.
- Punctuality is very important as your coordinator/chef will be at the meeting point before walking you to the location of the pasta making class.
- This tour has a maximum capacity of 14 guests.
- Please notify us before booking if you have any food allergies, dietary restrictions, or other special requirements during your Rome pasta making class. Also, please note that if the weather does not permit eating on the terrace, the aperitivo and meal will be held indoors.
- Unfortunately, due to layout of the building we cannot accommodate wheelchairs on this tour.
- Please note that the itinerary of the lunch time class is slightly different. Meet one of the chefs at the meeting point and visit a traditional local market for a tour and shopping of the ingredients. On the way to the Pasta Making Class apartment you will stop at a local bakery for some delicious tastings. During your lunch time class, learn how to make one pasta dish and tiramisu from scratch. Appetizers, prosecco, wine and digestif are included as well, of course!
- Cancellation Policy: A full refund will be given on cancellations made more than 72 hours prior to tour commencement. Cancellations received within 72 hours prior to the tour are non-refundable. We will, however, do our best to reschedule you for another tour. Please note, this is subject to availability and price changes.
- Tours depart precisely at the scheduled tour start time. If you show up late or cannot find the meeting point, for any reason, refund requests are not honoured per policy. For most tours, it is not logistically possible to join the group after it has started.