The Metropolitan Museum of Art
A trip to the Big Apple would not be complete without experiencing the Met – one of the world’s greatest museums and New York’s most visited attraction. See splendours of ancient Egypt, beloved Impressionist paintings, inspiring treasures from the Greek and Roman world and the latest in contemporary art. Visit the Met…see the world!
Our guide to The Metropolitan Museum of Art
With nearly two million works of art spanning more than 5,000 years, The Metropolitan Museum of Art is undoubtedly one of the world’s greatest museums, presenting the best of human creativity from around the globe.
A world of great art awaits you at the Met ranging from the splendors of ancient Egypt to the latest in contemporary Art. See beloved Impressionist paintings and inspiring treasures from the Greek and Roman world among the many amazing collections. The Museum lives in three iconic sites in New York City - The Met Fifth Avenue, The Met Breuer and The Met Cloisters. All three locations are included with your Metropolitan Museum of Art with Skip-the-Line Admission ticket.
Explore the Met’s world-famous collections spanning 5000 years from from all parts of the globe:
- American Paintings, Sculpture and Decorative Arts
- Ancient Near Eastern Art
- Arms and Armor
- Arts of Africa, Oceania, and the Americas
- Asian Art
- Drawings and Prints
- Egyptian Art
- European Paintings , Sculpture and Decorative Arts
- Greek and Roman Art
- Islamic Art
- The Robert Lehman Collection
- Medieval Art and The Cloisters • Musical Instruments
- Nineteenth-Century, Modern, and Contemporary Art
The Cloisters museum and gardens is the branch of the Metropolitan Museum devoted to the art, architecture, and gardens of medieval Europe. Boasting unparalleled views of the Hudson River, The Cloisters is located in northern Manhattan's Fort Tryon Park. See magnificent sculpture, exquisite illuminated manuscripts, glorious stained glass, and the celebrated Unicorn Tapestries.
Upgrade your Metropolitan Museum of Art locally to include an audio guide. Learn about works of art in the Museum’s Collection and select special exhibitions—all in one player. More than 75 hours of informative audio commentary has been developed by curators and educators. Learn about works of art in the Museum’s Collection and select special exhibitions—all in one player—and try the new two-part “Director’s Tour,” a planned itinerary by the Museum’s Director Thomas P. Campbell.
Children under 12 are free accompanied by an adult.
Terms and conditions
Terms and conditions for The Metropolitan Museum of Art
- You will be issued with an open-dated ticket. Simply present this voucher at the Will Call Desk in the Great Hall for priority entrance.
- Children under 12 are free only when accompanied by a paying adult.
- Free cancellations for bookings cancelled with the supplier before your holiday departure date. No refunds are given after this time.