Ultimate Greenwich Village NYC Food Tour
- Free cancellations*
- Pay in instalments
This ticket is currently not available
This could be because:
- We have sold out
- New seasonal tickets are not yet available
In the meantime:
- Call us on 0800 223 0324
- Sign up to hear the latest news and offers:
Sign up for our newsletter
Experience the bohemian charm of the Village on this exploration of one of NYC’s most popular food-havens.
Our guide to Ultimate Greenwich Village NYC Food Tour
The charming streets and brownstones of Greenwich Village have a rich history and culture of their own waiting to be discovered. There’s no better way to do this than through its food scene, as diverse as it is iconic. Trace the paths of beatnik poets, creatives, and immigrants as you step inside historic cafes and neighborhood favorites all while tasting the flavors that make this area so unique.
Explore Greenwich Village through its dynamic food scene. Begin your morning with a visit to a classic NYC bodega. These corner shops line the landscape of the city and Greenwich Village is no exception. You’ll sample a classic American staple and true comfort food: the breakfast sandwich.
Next, it’s time to get a taste of the area’s roots at a fourth-generation pasta shop. Step inside and see the century-old pasta machine that continues to make this a local favorite. Sample some homemade pasta and ravioli made according to a secret traditional recipe.
You’d be sure to miss the next spot if you weren’t looking for it and it would be a shame. This Brazilian bakery specializes in a mouthwatering type of cheese puff made from yucca.
Next, it’s time for more delicious baked goods with a traditional Lebanese flatbread at a new spot in the Village. Popular with NYU students and neighborhood locals alike, this eatery focuses on distinctive flavors you won’t find elsewhere, bursting with authentic passion.
Home of beatnik poets, folk singers, and artists of all kinds, discover the creative flair of Greenwich Village with a trip down MacDougal Street. Learn more about the famous residents of these streets with a stop at a local espresso bar you might even recognize from the silver screen!
A trip to New York isn’t complete without sampling two classic dishes. First up is a slice of pizza from a Greenwich Village favorite and you’ll see why this Italian classic has become a staple of American cuisine. Following on, it’s time for something sweet to finish off your food exploration. At an inventive donut shop, you’ll sample a creative twist on a quintessential NYC dessert.
Finally, you’ll stop at a local watering hole known for bringing the craft beer movement to NYC twenty years ago. Take a moment to reflect on your exploration with a steaming bowl of their famous grilled cheese and tomato soup.
This tour departs from Washington Square N, New York, 10012, US
Around 3 hours.
Terms and conditions
Terms and conditions for Ultimate Greenwich Village NYC Food Tour
- You will receive a voucher for this experience. Please read it thoroughly.
- The itinerary is subject to change without notice.
- Gratuities to guides are appreciated but never obligatory.
- Comfortable walking shoes are recommended.
- Please note that the tour meeting time is 15 minutes prior to the start time. No refunds or re-bookings can be provided for late arrivals or no-shows after tour commencement or departure.
- This tour has a maximum capacity of 12 guests.
- Walks comply with all local government regulations. You may need to wear a mask or provide proof of vaccination to enter certain venues. Please refer to New York government guidelines for the most up-to-date information
- Please allow plenty of time to arrive for your tour. Transportation in NYC whether by taxi, car, or subway is notoriously slow and can often be unreliable.
- Your tour departs from Washington Square N, New York, 10012, US.
- We cannot accept wheelchairs on this group tour. Our group route utilizes staircases where elevator access is not easily accessible.
- Foods on this tour do contain gluten. A mix of vegetarian and meat options are available.
- For those with food allergies or other special requirements, please notify us prior to reserving your visit and then again, as soon as you meet your tour guide. We will do our very best to accommodate you and find suitable alternatives.
- This is a walking tour. While there are stops along the way, guests should be able to walk at a moderate pace without difficulty.
- The order of sites visited may vary.
- This tour is conducted in English only.
- *Cancellation Policy: Free cancellations for bookings canceled with the operator up to 72 hours before your chosen activity date. No refunds are given for cancellations made within 72 hours. Late arrivals and no-shows are non-refundable. This is applicable to any tour participant that fails to arrive or arrives after tour departure.