The Official Grand Central Terminal Tour
THE ONLY Official Tour
- Free cancellations*
This ticket is currently not available
This could be because:
- We have sold out
- New seasonal tickets are not yet available
In the meantime:
- Call us on 0800 223 0324
- Sign up to hear the latest news and offers:
Sign up for our newsletter
THE ONLY Official Tour
From secret staircases to a onetime movie theater, there’s a lot more to Grand Central Terminal than meets the eye—and you’re about to discover it all firsthand.
Our guide to The Official Grand Central Terminal Tour
A historic hub of life in New York, Grand Central Terminal holds countless untold stories within its halls. On this revealing experience, you’ll see a side of the world’s most famous train terminal that even the most frequent commuters never encounter. Get to know the colorful historic figures who brought Grand Central to life, and gain a new appreciation for its near-magical scale.
Your adventure begins in Grand Central Terminal’s modern-day heart: the lively main concourse. Marvel at the famous clock perched atop the information booth—and learn the eye-watering amount it’s rumored to be worth—as your guide regales you with the story of Cornelius Vanderbilt, the mastermind behind Grand Central Depot (as it was originally called).
Head into Vanderbilt Hall, itself a living testament to Grand Central’s rags-to-riches transformation in the 1980s. Next, pop outside for a moment to gaze upon the largest Tiffany clock in the world from the busy Pershing Square plaza.
ack inside, it's time to travel back in time to the Roaring 20s. Step into a speakeasy-style bar that, a century ago, served as the private office of one of New York’s most prominent railroad tycoons.
In the Whispering Gallery you’ll learn just how whispered secrets travel across the busy interchange to be perfectly heard on the other side and you’ll get a peek at one of the largest lost-and-found departments anywhere in the world. Peruse the handcrafted designs and jewelry on sale from local artisans in the Graybar Passage before stepping into a fascinating former movie theater, where travel-weary youngsters could enjoy some entertainment back in Grand Central’s heyday.
Last but not least, you’ll weave through the colorful Grand Central Market before making your way back to the main concourse, having gotten a true insider’s look at the most famous train terminal in the world.
Terms and conditions
Terms and conditions for The Official Grand Central Terminal Tour
- As COVID regulations change frequently and at short notice, it is your responsibility to ensure that you have checked the requirements that New York has put in place so that all visitors have a safe and enjoyable experience.
- You will receive a voucher for this experience. Please read it thoroughly.
- Itinerary subject to change without notice
- Gratuities to guides are appreciated but never obligatory.
- Comfortable walking shoes are recommended. This is a walking tour and guests should be able to walk at a moderate pace without difficulty.
- Please note that the tour meeting time is 15 minutes prior to the start time. No refunds or re-bookings can be provided for late arrivals or no shows after tour commencement or departure.
- This tour has a maximum capacity of 25 guests.
- Only small backpacks and regular-size handbags are allowed on this tour.
- Unfortunately, you can not take strollers on this tour.
- Cancellation Policy: Free cancellations for bookings cancelled with the operator up to 72 hours before your chosen activity date. No refunds are given for cancellations made within 72 hours.