Helicopter and White Water Rafting Adventure *stopsell*
This ticket is currently not available
This could be because:
- We have sold out
- New seasonal tickets are not yet available
In the meantime:
- Call us on 0800 223 0324
- Sign up to hear the latest news and offers:
Sign up for our newsletter
Combine a helicopter experience and a whitewater rafting adventure with the Hualapai Rivers Runners – a thrilling day trip!
Our guide to Helicopter and White Water Rafting Adventure *stopsell*
All Hualapai River Runner guides are fully certified and provide fascinating insight into the ever-changing waters of the Colorado River and the west rim of the Grand Canyon. Many of the guides have spent their lives learning the features of the river and are highly skilled at manoeuvering through rapids ranging between 3 and 7 that guests encounter during the first twelve-miles of this immense trip.
Passengers will first check into the Papillon Helicopters terminal, where a helicopter will transport them to the Peach Springs airport in Arizona. Hualapai River Runners will be on hand to provide transfers from the airport to the Hualapai Lodge. Then the excitement continues when boarding an eight-person motorized river raft, designed specifically for navigating the Colorado River. Shoot the rapids, enjoy lazy spells of drifting but most of all take in the Grand Canyon from an aspect very few have seen. Guests will cover 40 nautical miles in all of the Colorado River, on a four hour journey, including an easy hike to Travertine Cavern Falls and lunch on a sandy bank further along the route.
At the end of the whitewater rafting experience, passengers will board a helicopter for an exciting flight that ascends 4,000 feet through the canyon and lands at Grand Canyon West airport. After an action-packed day of adventure, passengers will return with memories to last a lifetime! Complimentary, round-trip hotel transfers are provided.
Daily, from 15th April to 31st October including pick-up from Las Vegas Hotels.
Departure time is around 6pm - precise time will be shown on your confirmation. Las Vegas pcik ups will start an hour before departrue time.
About 12 hours from hotel to hotel.
Daily from 15th March to 31st October
Terms and conditions
Terms and conditions for Helicopter and White Water Rafting Adventure *stopsell*
- This tour is only available from Las Vegas.
- Advanced reservations are required. Please select your preferred date at the time of booking.
- Hotel pick-up and drop off is available from all hotels located around the ‘Strip’ and Downtown areas of Las Vegas
- Flights depart from Boulder City Airport. Transfers to and from the airport can take up to 90 minutes.
- Helicopters are very sensitive to weight and weight distribution. As such anyone weighing over 300lbs (21.4 stone/136 kilos) will be charged for an additional tour seat locally and a $200 supplement will be payable upon check-in. All passengers must be weighed at check-in. All weights submitted must be accurate or you may be refused boarding if weights are incorrect.
- Fuel surcharges may apply. Please see tour description for details.
- Infants aged 2 and under travel for free and must sit on their parent/guardians lap.
Frequently Asked Questions for Helicopter and White Water Rafting Adventure *stopsell*
- Is there a weight limit for an individual passenger?
Helicopters are very sensitive to weight and weight distribution. As such anyone weighing over 300lbs (21.4 stone/136 kilos) will be charged for an additional tour seat locally and a $200 supplement will be payable upon check-in. All passengers must be weighed at check-in. All weights submitted must be accurate or you may be refused boarding if weights are incorrect.
- What should I bring?
Layered clothing is recommended through the months of March to September, and winter clothing should be worn from October to mid-March. The ground at the Grand Canyon is rough, rocky and uneven, thus it is important to wear sturdy, toe-covering shoes that can handle rough terrain. Sneakers or hiking boots are highly recommended. Don’t forget your camera! Cameras and phones are allowed and encouraged but please be aware that the use of "Selfie Sticks" and extending camera poles is strictly prohibited in and around the aircraft. For Whitewater rafting water proof shorts that dry quickly are ideal, as is a hat and trainers/sandals. Finally, all passengers booked on this tour must have government issued forms of identification.