Reykjavik Hop On, Hop Off Bus Tour
- 10 booked
This ticket is currently not available
This could be because:
- We have sold out
- New seasonal tickets are not yet available
In the meantime:
- Call us on 0800 223 0324
- Sign up to hear the latest news and offers:
Sign up for our newsletter
The best way to see Reykjavik, hassle free!
See all the beautiful sights and top attractions Reykjavik has to offer on this fantastic hop-on, hop-off City Sightseeing tour. Enjoy the stunning panoramic views of the city from up high on the iconic open-top bus as your driver takes you to 16 wonderful destinations.
Our guide to Reykjavik Hop On, Hop Off Bus Tour
Take a bus tour with City Sightseeing and discover the city in 60 minutes or hop-on and hop-off at any of the 16 stops along the route! The route will show you Reykjavik’s best sights including Laekjartorg and Hallgrim’s Church.
Begin exploring the extraordinary city of Reykjavik at the Harpa Concert Hall which due to its all-glass exterior exhibits some of the most glamorous architecture. Hop-on at Stop 1 here and sit back and relax as we take you down to Laekjartorg, home to some of the oldest houses in the city!
You can hop off and explore these fascinating historic buildings as well as several cafés, bars and shops that are located here. Another great stop to hop off to enjoy Reykjavik’s wonderful array of architecture is at The Old Harbour (stop 2); alternatively, passengers will enjoy great views from the tour bus of the colourful, vibrant buildings.
The Hallgrim Church at Stop 9 is another iconic sight to see whilst in Reykjavik – its unique shape and style make it stand out from miles away!
If you’d like to discover more about the history of this amazing city in Iceland, we recommend hopping off at Stop 5 and visiting the National Museum. If you’d prefer a more leisurely day out, how about visiting the outdoor Laugardalur Valley, also known as the Hot Spring Valley. Here you'll be able to swim in the outdoor heated pools, no matter what the weather conditions are like! The zoo is nearby too, a perfect day trip out for all the family!
- Stop 1 - Harpa Concert Hall and Conference Centre
- Stop 2 - The Old Harbour
- Stop 3 - Reykjavik Maritime Museum
- Stop 4 - Whales of Iceland
- Stop 5 - National Museum
- Stop 6 - Lækjargata
- Stop 7 - Laugavegur Shopping Street
- Stop 8 - Reykjavik Art Museum - Kjarvalsstaðir
- Stop 9 - Hallgrímskirkja
- Stop 10 - BSI Bus Terminal
- Stop 11 - Perlan
- Stop 12 - Kringlan Shopping Centre
- Stop 13 - Hilton Reykjavik Nordica
- Stop 14 - Laugardalur Valley
- Stop 15 - Skarfabakki Harbour (summer only)
- Stop 16 - Höfdi House
Daily, year round Excluding: 1st January, 17th June, 9th, 16th & 22nd August, 24th, 25th and 31st December
Buses run every 45 minutes from 9.30am and the last tour is at 4.15pm.
Ticket is valid for 24 or 48 hours.
Terms and conditions
Terms and conditions for Reykjavik Hop On, Hop Off Bus Tour
- You will be sent an open-dated ticket voucher, no reservations are required.
- The bus is accessible by wheelchair.
- City Sightseeing reserves the right to cancel or modify the routes or departure times.
- Operating times are subject to change without notice, please check locally.
- A 24-hour ticket is valid for 24 hours starting from the time you first hop on. For example, if you hop on at 3.00pm, your ticket is valid until 3.00pm the following day. The same principle applies to the 48-hour tickets.
- Children 5 years and under travel free.
- Information for Cruise Passengers: If you arrive in May-September, you will be able to board the City Sightseeing Reykjavik busses at the cruise terminal, stop 15 Skarfabakki Harbour. This is about a 70-meter walk away. If you are cruising during the winter season, you will need to make your way to stop 1.
- In the event of adverse weather conditions, the tour may be disrupted/subject to changes.
- Tours run daily Daily, excluding: 1st January, 17th June, 9th, 16th & 22nd August, 24th, 25th and 31st December.
- *Cancellation Policy: Free cancellations for bookings cancelled prior to your holiday departure date. No refunds are given for cancellations made post-departure.
Frequently Asked Questions for Reykjavik Hop On, Hop Off Bus Tour
- Do I need to detail a specific date for my tour?
No, we will issue you with an open-dated ticket voucher and you simply exchange your voucher on your chosen date. Your ticket will then be valid for 24 or 48 hours from this point.
- Is there a limit to the number of times I can get off and re-join the tour bus?
No, you can get off and on the buses as many times as you like over a 24 or 48 hour period.