VIP Versailles Bike Tour
Admire the beautiful French gardens
Explore one of the most magnificent Palaces in the world by bike on this VIP Versailles Bike Tour from Paris. Pedal your way around one of France's most famous landmarks, enjoy skip-the-line entrance and VIP behind-the-scenes access to areas of the Château closed off to the general public.
Our guide to VIP Versailles Bike Tour
After meeting your guide in central Paris, take a quick 20-minute train journey and you are ready explore Palace of Versailles, one of the most spectacular royal residences in the whole of Europe.
Your tour starts by exploring a famous city market to shop for delicious picnic supplies (own expense) before peddling though the Château's enormous grounds with stunning tree-line paths. Your guide will stop along the way and share the fascinating rich history of the palace and French monarchy.
Next, stop by the Grand Canal for a picnic lunch where you will relax and settle down for a royal feast. After lunch, continue through the gorgeous grounds to visit Marie Antoinette's Hamlet and the Petit Trianon.
Finally, avoid the tremendously long lines as you enjoy skip-the-line access to the Château. Your special access reservation allows you to go behind the scenes to an exclusive section of the palace that is closed off to the general public. Here, you will have free time to marvel at the Hall of Mirrors, Marie Antoinette's chambers, and the royal quarters.
After visiting the palace, jump back on the bike and explore more of the 2,000+ acres of royal property with your local guide showing you more than you would ever be able to see on your own before heading back to central Paris.
Please note: Guests are welcome to stay in Versailles as long as they'd like after the tour. Your guide will provide you with your train ticket and directions back to the train station, about a 10-minute walk from the chateau. This enables you to explore the stunning palace and the formal gardens at your own pace and return to Paris whenever you'd like. Trains run until approximately 11pm (please check train times locally).
Varies - see calendar.
This tour meets in a small park/ clearing on Avenue Emile Zola opposite a café named "Café Regalia" at 1, Rue de la Convention, 75015 Paris.
Terms and conditions
Terms and conditions for VIP Versailles Bike Tour
- You must make your own way to the meeting point.
- You will cover an area of approximately 10 miles on a relatively flat terrain. The ride is leisurely and therefore suitable for all levels of fitness.
- Child seats are available if requested at the time of booking. Babyseats have a maximum weight limit of 48lbs/22kg.
- Tandem bikes are available for children aged 10 years and younger.
- Tours run rain or shine.
- Check-in opens 30 minutes in advance and closes 5 minutes prior to your activity time, so please arrive early. It is imperative that all guests arrive on time.
- Once the tour has begun we do not have the ability to wait and add late arrivals to the tour since we will have already boarded the train to Versailles.
- All participants over 12 years of age must be able to ride a bike.
- All particpants under 18 must be accompanied by an adult.
- Itinerary subject to change.
- Gratuities to guides are appreciated but never obligatory.
- Comfortable walking shoes are recommended.
- The Versailles Bike Tour will return to central Paris or you have the option to stay in Versailles for longer on your own.
- The VIP Versailles Bike Tour does not operate 1 Jan 2020 - 28 Mar 2020 & 1 Nov 2020 - 27 Mar 2021.
- Free cancellations for bookings cancelled 14 days prior to the tour date. No refunds are given for cancellations made within 14 days of tour date.
Frequently Asked Questions for VIP Versailles Bike Tour
Can I stay at the end of my tour and explore without my guide?
Yes. This tour ends in Versailles. Your guide will provide you with your train ticket and directions back to the train station, about a 10-minute walk from the chateau. This enables you to explore the stunning palace and the formal gardens at your own pace and return to Paris whenever you'd like. Trains run until approximately 11pm (please check train times locally).