5 stars: Based on 4 reviews via
Head to Florida’s Nature Coast for a leisurely boat ride along the Crystal River and the memorable chance to swim with majestic Manatees in their natural environment. A once in a lifetime experience!
Our guide to Florida Adventure Tour – Swim with Manatees
This is an unmissable chance to witness Florida’s beautiful natural side and see the endangered Manatee (also known as a Sea Cow) in the flesh.
The Manatee is an endangered species native to many of the lakes covering the region and there’s no better place in Florida to find them than at the Crystal River in Homosassa State Park.
Enjoy breakfast on the bus and on arrival to the picturesque Crystal River board a pontoon boat for a relaxing cruise in search of these gentle giants - they are generally quite shy, completely harmless and, despite weighing in at 500kg, have no teeth!
If you are lucky you will be able to interact with the manatees - you are encouraged to swim and snorkel with these beautiful creatures under the guidance of certified Dive Masters. Alternatively you can just sit back, relax and enjoy the natural surroundings.
After the manatee experience, enjoy a picnic-style lunch over looking this beautiful sanctuary before heading to Homosassa State Wildlife Park.
One of Florida's best kept secrets, this natural wonderland is home to a wealth of wildlife including more manatees, bears, panthers, alligators and even a hippopotamus!
Your day ends with an exhilarating airboat adventure on the beautiful Homosassa River; keep your eyes open for manatees, dolphins and a whole host of other wildlife that often accompany boat. It’s a perfect day out for the entire family!
Florida Adventure Tour Pick-up Locations and Timings (subject to change):
Please note shuttle pick-up locations generally require a change of vehicle before travelling to Crystal River.
- 7.25am - Lake Buena Vista Resort and Spa - 8113 Resort Village Dr, Orlando, FL 32821
- 7.30am - Wild Side Bar & Grill - 7725 W. Irlo Bronson Memorial Highway, Kissimmee, FL 32821
- 7.45am - Swan Hotel at Disney (Shuttle) - 1200 Epcot resort Blvd, Bay Lake, Fl, 32830 (Main Bus Stop)
- 7.50am - Firehouse Sub at Crossroads - 12515 State Rd. 535 Ste 515 Orlando, FL 32836
- 8.00am - Universal Resort Bus Loop - Bus Space #71- 5855 Universal Blvd, Orlando, Fl 32819
- 8.05am - Rosen Inn international - 7600 International Dr, Orlando, Fl 32819
- 8.10am - Rosen Inn Pointe - 9101 International Drive, Orlando, FL 32819
- 8.15am - Senor Frogs - 8747 International Drive, Orlando, FL 32819
Average 5 out of 5 (4 customer reviews)
A fantastic day out. The only slight issue we had was the poor changing facilities at Crystal River. Apart from that, I would highly recommend.
Caroline Dempsey reviewed 05 Nov,2019
Terms and conditions
Terms and conditions for Florida Adventure Tour - Swim with Manatees
- Due to the natural conditions of this experience, an encounter with the Manatees cannot be guaranteed. However, the expert Coast Guard-certified boat captains will do everything they can to make this happen. However due to the water temperature and abundance of food, there is a population of around 80 Manatees that live in the Crystal River year round. During the winter the numbers swell to around 300.
- The Florida Adventure Tour runs from central location points in Orlando and you will need to make your own way to one of these departure points. This is a change to arrangements from previous years, but has been implemented to save you time sitting on a coach that calls at each hotel in Orlando – that’s a lot of hotels! The result is a much more fluid and punctual tour that will add to your enjoyment of the day.
- Wetsuits are not included, but can be rented on the day for $10.00 and act as an excellent buoyancy aid. The water temperature is around 72 degrees fahrenheit year round.
- Free parking is available at the following pick up points (subject to change without notice), Lake Buena Vista Resort and Spa, Wild Side Bar & Grill, Firehouse Sub at Crossroads and The Rosen Inn international. Local parking charges apply at The Swan Hotel at Disney and Universal Resort Bus Loop. Parking is not available at Rosen Inn Pointe.
- Cancellation Policy: Free cancellations for bookings cancelled up to your holiday departure date. No refunds are given for cancellations made post departure.
Frequently Asked Questions for Florida Adventure Tour - Swim with Manatees
- Is a hotel pick-up included?
The Florida Adventure Tour runs from central location points in Orlando and you will need to make your own way to one of these departure points. This is a change to arrangements from previous years, but has been implemented to save you time sitting on a coach that calls at each hotel in Orlando – that’s a lot of hotels! The result is a much more fluid and punctual tour that will add to your enjoyment of the day.
- Where will my tour depart from?
The pick-up locations are arranged so that you do not need to travel too far to your nearest point. The actual location will be given at the time of booking when you advise us of your hotel. In the event that you do not have your hotel information available at the time of booking, you will be advised of your pick-up point when you call to reconfirm your tour in resort.
- How do we confirm a date for the tour?
All dates can be booked in advance through Attraction Tickets Direct. Should you wish to leave the date open, no problem, just call the tour provider once you arrive in Florida.
- What time does the tour depart?
Your exact departure time is given when you confirm a specific date.